Partner and Director of Regulation (PhD)
Jorge is the partner heading the Department of Regulation (Congressional Attorney on leave of absence). In addition to advising clients on regulatory strategy and regulatory processes, he directs all projects in the field of regulated sectors.
He currently teaches Introduction to International Relations at Villanueva University and Digital Law at the Francisco de Vitoria University. In addition, he has taught Legislative Affairs at the IE Business School (recognition of teaching excellence).
Before joining Vinces, Jorge worked with the Spanish Parliament for over a decade and had the following responsibilities:
- Director of International Relations, Spanish Congress of Deputies (February 2012-December 2014)
- Director of Budgets and Procurement of the General Secretariat, Spanish Senate (April 2011-February 2012)
- Acting Infrastructure Technical Director, Spanish Senate (April 2011-February 2012)
- Director of International Relations, Spanish Senate (October 2007- April 2011)
- Acting Internal Government Affairs Director, Spanish Senate (May 2007-October 2007)
- Acting Economic Affairs Director of the Spanish Senate (April 2006-December 2006)
Some of his more prominent international experience includes:
- Secretary of the Delegation of Spain to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Strasbourg) (January 2006-October 2009)
- Secretary of the Delegation of Spain to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Western European Union/European Security and Defense Assembly (Paris). (January 2006-October 2009)
- Expert collaborator in the European Union’s TAIEX Programme.
- Expert collaborator in the OECD SIGMA Programme.
- PhD in Law from the Abat-Oliba CEU University of Barcelona, with a doctoral thesis on privacy in the cloud computing environment. The thesis received the Annual Research Award from the Google Chair on Privacy, Society and Innovation (2017).
- Law degree, University of Zaragoza.