Senior Public Affairs Consultant – Lisbon
What profile are we looking for?
This role requires a versatile and flexible person, able to assume responsibilities and tasks horizontally and vertically, as well as to fill the gap between the work done by consultants and the manager.
The main mission will be to work with and support the rest of the team in the design and implementation of consulting work for companies that need strategic partners to navigate the current political, legislative, regulatory, and social complexity.
This is a unique opportunity for a person who wants to deepen and enhance his/her career in public affairs, as it will allow him/her to learn a unique working methodology within the consulting world. The selected person will have the opportunity to develop his/her skills as part of a dynamic and multicultural team with a great working environment.
- Law degree in Portugal.
- Further studies in European law, political science, international relations, legislative affairs, economics or similar would be an asset.
- Level of experience of at least 4 to 5 years is required, being familiar with the local regulatory, political, and institutional environment.
- Experience working in the sector, in a similar position, or in law firms, Government teams and/or public agencies/institutions.
- In addition to native Portuguese, high level of English, spoken and written. Other languages, especially Spanish, would be an asset.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to effectively determine the goals and priorities of tasks, areas, and projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team (commitment to the company’s values of professionalism, goal orientation, respect, trust, collaboration, constructive attitude, high degree of self-demand, and support of others).
- Effectiveness in situations of time pressure and disagreement, opposition and diversity.
What do we offer?
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participation in the elaboration and execution of clients’ public affairs strategies and plans.
- Proactive day-to-day management of clients, as well as identification of improvement actions and anticipation of possible clients’ needs.
- Follow-up and support clients on legislative and regulatory developments that affect them, while ensuring the quality of market and regulatory context analysis, translated in the preparation of reports, presentations, and arguments.
- Advice and participation in institutional meetings, as well as in sectorial acts and events.
- Involvement in ideas and actions that favor business development, based on knowledge of the sector, added value of the analysis, and participation in the preparation of corporate proposals.
If you’re interested please send your CV to email@example.com (e-mail subject: Senior Consultant Lisbon).
- Data processed for this purpose: identification, contact and professional data, such as name, surname, email address, academic background and previous work experience.
- Description of the purpose: management of job applications that may be published at any time, as well as managing the database of resumes received by electronic means, in order to study the resumes and assess new additions to the Vinces team.
- Basis of legitimacy: establishment of pre-contractual measures at the request of the interested party, with the intention of concluding a contract, within the framework of the selection processes in which the sender of the curriculum vitae participates.
For further information: https://www.vincesconsulting.com/en/privacy-policy/